Thursday 30 March 2023

grown deep like the rivers (film calendar)

it  is the anniversary of the death of hollis frampton (jonas mekas filmed his funeral but horsemouth cannot find it on youtube at the moment). both are interested in the calendar - frampton wanted to make a film calendar with a short clip of film for every day  of the year. 

hmmm looks like drama outside (cops in attendance). 

'... my soul has grown deep like the rivers. 

I bathed in the euphrates when dawns were young. 

I built my hut near the congo and it lulled me to sleep. 

I looked upon the nile and raised the pyramids above it...'

there's an art exhibition named after this langston hughes poem with work collected by a collector from georgia (this reminds horsemouth of marion brown's jean toomer influenced georgia trilogy). 

friday horsemouth goes to a zoom meeting. he has been reading the paperwork so that he can take care of business and say the right things. soon enough he will have to explain it to people (that will be punishment enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment