Monday, 14 September 2026

in first person

yesterday morning: a walk into the village to pick up some loaves of bread (as predicted)  

horsemouth makes it about a mile there and a mile straight back over the common. he couldn't do a run to the butcher's whilst he was at it because, being a sunday, it was shut. horsemouth may have suggested that on monday this will be possible (despite the forecast rain he cited as his reason for going) but ideally he would push it further along to another day. 

you may remember horsemouth enthusing about the new evening buses back from hereford 

at 8.30pm and 10.30pm that started at the beginning of september. yay! brilliant!

well that may be so but the road will be closed september 16th through to september 30th, 8.00pm to 6.00am. so horsemouth would guess that puts paid to the buses (for the time being). 

horsemouth was tempted out into an opinion in first person (slightly edited)

'my efforts have not always been crowned with success (it would be fair to say) but a number of times I have found good solid collaborators and these people have enabled me to do good work. 

I have since tried to be that collaborator for others. 

on the whole though I recognise the ‘getting no reward or being punished for it’ syndrome. a number of times now almost everything I did seemingly had to be either blocked or (if that failed) hushed up. 

at first I thought it was my working with anarchists (‘the tyranny of structureless’). 

my current thought is that the world is divided between the ‘introverts’ (for whom everything is too loud and scary and therefore must be stopped from happening) and the ‘extroverts’ (whose attitude is ‘turn down for what?’). in an entirely introvert world nothing would happen (other than decay). an entirely extrovert world would simply explode. 

to my collaborators I am truly grateful, they have enabled me to do my best work, the work of which I am truly capable, they have enabled me to see the mountaintop. but for my enemies I cannot grow loving kindness (they can fuck off and die).' 

horsemouth is concerned by a friend's funeral plans. hopefully it will all work correctly and he will be honoured and assisted on to the afterlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment